What is the Chambers ALL IN Initiative?
Chambers All In for Economic Recovery is a collaboration of chambers across Illinois. The coalition calls on the Illinois Legislature to prioritize economic and regulatory relief for Illinois' businesses. It is the mission of all chambers to support our respective business communities and help ensure that businesses can thrive for years to come.
- A collaborative effort of 50 chambers of commerce from across the state of Illinois.
- An effort representing more than 13,000 Illinois businesses employing more than 500,000 people.
- A unified, grassroots call for legislators to provide economic relief to our business community.
What Prompted Chambers ALL IN?
As we approach the second anniversary of the pandemic’s declaration with continued efforts against COVID-19, unintended consequences for the effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 have surmounted and they risk permanently stunting the prosperity of Illinois’ businesses.
We are acting because of...
- The needs of our business community and the challenges businesses have faced as a direct impact of COVID-19.
- The mission of the HP Chamber is to foster a strong, regional economy.
- The HP Chamber stands with the business community, serving as a collective and unified voice of business.
What Are The Goals of Chambers ALL IN?
- Legislative action that brings tangible economic relief to job creators.
- Long-term collaboration with the business community and the public sector on matters related to COVID-19 mitigations and recovery.
If enacted, the following items will help bolster a business bottom line and allow for continued growth and investment in Illinois.
- Utilize American Rescue Plan Act funding to help replenish the unemployment trust fund alleviate the impending financial drain from the state’s businesses.
- Provide legal protections to employers who follow the CDC established safety guidelines from claims that COVID-19 was contracted at the place of business.
- Restructure the Minimum Wage Credit’s incremental phase-out to allow small businesses to capture the original intent of the credit.
- Extend the EDGE credit sunset clause out for another ten years and utilize the tax credit as an incentive to attract new businesses to the state and allow for the growth and development of existing companies.
In addition to the items above, Chambers All In for Economic Recovery calls for collaborative solutions to the state’s ongoing workforce challenges. The coalition recognizes the importance of having a ready, willing and skilled workforce for the future of our state’s economy. We call on the state to develop innovative programs, support pilot programs, invest in K-12 career awareness programming and assist in scaling successful workforce programs for other communities and industries. We urge Illinois legislators to create an environment and funding models that allow the private sector to drive the training demand for employers.